The Xbox Series X launched 12 months ago, but Microsoft’s next-gen console is still very hard to find in stock anywhere in the UK. The current supply chain crisis has slowed production of the latest Xbox, leaving gaming fans in the UK wondering where to buy one – and if they will find one in time for Christmas.
The cheaper, less powerful Xbox Series S is easier to find in stock, but the more advanced Xbox Series X sells out within minutes of it going on sale. Knowing when and where the Xbox will be restocked next is key to grabbing one before it sells out again.
Follow live: The best Black Friday deals to shop now
That’s why we launched our live blog on Xbox Stock Alerts. If you want to know where to buy an Xbox Series X in UK today, we’re here to help. Below, we’ll keep you up to date with the latest live replenishment updates as they happen, as well as any news on planned replenishment dates, new games and accessories, and milestone events. Like the launch of the essential Xbox mini fridge (hard to find too …).
Xbox Supercross 5 Trailer
Check the UK Xbox Series X retailer stock below:
Register for Indy
Want more information on purchasing? Why not sign up for the free IndyBest newsletter, where you can access the best deals and recaps of the must-see products of the week chosen by the IndyBest experts.
Arriving in your inbox every Friday morning, the handy summary features elements of our reviews proven by professionals in the field – helping you make the most informed choice with your hard-earned money.
Adam smith24 November 2021 11:30
The best VPN for the Xbox Series X
If you stream Netflix to your Xbox, a VPN allows you to spoof your location and access movies and TV shows that aren’t normally available in your country.
You can’t install a VPN directly on an Xbox Series X, but you can install one on your laptop and route your console’s internet connection through it. You can also install VPNs on routers to cover all your devices at once.
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 11:00 AM
Amazon bottom was real – but wrapped up
Confirmed! At least one person has managed to get an Xbox Series X from Amazon. It was real! There is hope!
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 10:35 AM
What is the difference between Xbox Series X and Series S?
There are two next-gen Xboxes, the less powerful Xbox S-series, and the higher-end Xbox X-series.
All old and new Xbox games will work on both consoles, although on the less powerful Xbox Series S the overall graphics quality will be reduced. The Xbox Series S has no disc drive, has half the storage capacity, and can only play downloaded games. The Xbox S series is much easier to find in stock than the X series. It’s also cheaper and costs just £ 249 (Amazon.co.uk).
Here are the details, if you like to compare teraflops.
- CPU: Custom 8-core Zen 2 processor
- GPU: 4 TFLOPS, 20 CUS
- Memory: 10 GB GDDR6
- Storage room: 512 GB SSD
- Resolution: 1440p at 60fps
- CPU: AMD Zen 2 8-core @ 3.8 GHz
- GPU: 12TFLOPS, 52 UC @ 1.825 GHz
- Memory: 16 GB GDDR6
- Storage room: 1TB custom WD SSD, optional 1T
- Resolution: 4K at 60fps
Adam smith24 November 2021 10:30
Amazon’s Xbox Series X is no longer
If there were any Xbox Series X consoles, they are now sold out with Amazon resuming its usual programming: “Currently unavailable”.
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 10:25 AM
Xbox Series X stocked on Amazon?
Although the console can apparently be added to the cart, it immediately displays an error message when you press the button.
It is not known if this is a bug on the Amazon side or if people are immediately buying the console. If you manage to get one, Tweet me, Let me know!
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 10:11 AM
Amazon storage possible?
It is not known if this is a false flag or if something will fall soon, but we will keep you posted if anything changes.
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 10:03 AM
How to buy an Xbox Series X online
Everything is calm on the Xbox front this morning, so let’s go over some things you can do right now to be ready for the next replenishment.
- Register an account with each of the retailers that stock the Xbox Series X. They are listed in the main article above.
- Make sure your correct payment information is saved in your browser on your computer, or in Google Pay or Apple Pay on your phone.
- Are you a BT customer or do you know someone who is? Register your interest on the BT site to gain exclusive access to the next BT delivery.
- Sign up for a 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, in case the retailer makes their next Xbox a Prime exclusive.
- Download each retailer’s app (if they have one) and add the Xbox Series X to your wishlist or “save for later” list.
- When the console drops, use the link in your wishlist to add the Xbox to your cart or cart – this usually has a higher success rate than website browsing.
- Write down the prices of the packages to make sure you get a good deal. All in all, the console itself costs £ 450, the controllers £ 50, the official headset £ 90, and the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs £ 11 per month. The recently released game costs £ 60, but retailers typically bundle older games with the console.
- The Xbox All Access pay-as-you-go program is great value, as long as you don’t already have a Game Pass membership.
- Do not buy a console on social media, these are always scams.
Adam smithNovember 24 2021, 10:00 am
The best Xbox Series X games to play right now
Both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 have had slow launches, with the global pandemic hampering the development of many new titles.
You’ll notice that many of the best Xbox Series X games are enhanced and remastered versions of Xbox One games, but there are some real next-gen experiences to enjoy already.
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 9:00 AM
Hello, Xbox hunters!
Welcome to Wednesday’s Xbox action tracking liveblog. Hey !
Today we are tracking all UK retailers at once for any sign of Microsoft’s elusive black cuboid, to bring you live Xbox replenishment updates as they happen.
If you’re looking for an Xbox on this dark, cold morning, stay with us to be the first to know when the console drops. Ready? Let’s go.
Adam smithNovember 24, 2021 8:22 AM
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions we earn income if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to distort our coverage. Reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.