through 3 quarters
Pundits have predicted a victory for the Baltimore Ravens, but it’s not certain at this time. Both teams are in a position to win, but they lead against the Cleveland Browns 13-10.
TE Mark Andrews has led the way so far for Baltimore as he has caught four passes for a touchdown and 65 yards. Cleveland leaned on TE David Njoku, who snatched a TD on reception, and QB Baker Mayfield, who had a TD and 216 yards on 28 attempts. Mayfield was efficient, with a passer rating of 130.20.
This is the first time the Ravens have had a fourth quarter lead in the last five games.
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Current records: Cleveland 6-5; Baltimore 7-3
What there is to know
The Cleveland Browns are 2-8 against the Baltimore Ravens since September 2016, but they will have a chance to close the gap a bit on Sunday. Cleveland and Baltimore will face off in an AFC North battle at 8:20 p.m. ET at M&T Bank Stadium. These two teams enter their game on tiptoe after passing their previous opponents.
The Browns won the game against the Detroit Lions last week, going 13-10. The overall result was predictable, but Detroit made it more of a contest than punters predicted. Cleveland’s RB Nick Chubb did his thing and picked up 130 rushing yards on 22 carries in addition to pulling one off to receive a touchdown.
Speaking of close games: Baltimore certainly made a bite of it, but they managed to escape with a 16-13 win over the Chicago Bears last week. The Ravens’ only offensive touchdown came from RB Devonta Freeman. Baltimore’s victory came on a three-yard Freeman rush with just 0:25 left in the fourth quarter.
Most of the team’s points came from special teams, who contributed ten. K Justin Tucker delivered a perfect 3v3 game.
The wins took the Browns to 6-5 and Baltimore to 7-3. A few stats to keep in mind as you watch: Cleveland ranks first in the NFL in rushing yards per game, averaging 156.8. But Baltimore comes into the game with just 88.6 rushing yards allowed per game on average, good for the league’s second-best. These opposing forces should make for an exciting game.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 8:20 p.m. ET
- Or: M&T Bank Stadium – Baltimore, Maryland
- TV: CNB
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 88.00
The Ravens are a 3.5-point favorite against the Browns, according to the latest NFL odds.
The punters had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Ravens as 4.5-point favorites.
Over / Under: -110
Check out the NFL picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Baltimore has won nine of its last 12 games against Cleveland.
- December 14, 2020 – Baltimore 47 vs. Cleveland 42
- Sep 13, 2020 – Baltimore 38 vs. Cleveland 6
- December 22, 2019 – Baltimore 31 vs. Cleveland 15
- September 29, 2019 – Cleveland 40 vs. Baltimore 25
- December 30, 2018 – Baltimore 26 vs. Cleveland 24
- October 07, 2018 – Cleveland 12 vs. Baltimore 9
- December 17, 2017 – Baltimore 27 vs. Cleveland 10
- September 17, 2017 – Baltimore 24 vs. Cleveland 10
- November 10, 2016 – Baltimore 28 vs. Cleveland 7
- September 18, 2016 – Baltimore 25 vs. Cleveland 20
- November 30, 2015 – Baltimore 33 vs. Cleveland 27
- October 11, 2015 – Cleveland 33 vs. Baltimore 30