Publisher Marvelous Europe and developer Vile Monarch have announced an alchemy management game The Last Alchemist for computer (Steam). It will launch in Early Access in 2023.
Here is an overview of the game, via its steam page:
In the superstitious heartland of 17th century Europe, alchemy was a mad new practice to be feared and banned. The Inquisition, a group of fanatical legislators with growing power, condemns alchemy as heresy and intends to eradicate and punish alchemists as the most dangerous heretics in the world.
As an apprentice skilled in unruly experimentation, you must master alchemy in a world that despises it. Take on the mantle of your late mentor and inherit the Old Imperial Star Observatory, a laboratory equipped with all the wonders, mechanisms, and knowledge you need to become the new master alchemist.
The Last Alchemist is a science-fantasy game for management fans with a voracious thirst for discovery. Lead the emergence of science and stop at nothing to ensure its survival.
- Deep Alchemy Management Systems
- Test, Transmute, Transform – Extract essences from anything you collect, merge them, and solve alchemy puzzles to get the properties you need for a flourishing alchemy career. There are over 200 properties to discover, with wonderful or dangerous effects. They can make you run faster and jump higher, cause or cure your ailments, and help or hinder your best plans.
- Conduct Risky Experiments – Grow carnivorous plants in your lab. Blow up your Essence containers to see what happens when they flow freely. Combine bizarre ingredients without the proper analysis. The consequences could blow your mind…sometimes literally.
- Alchemical Mastery – Immerse yourself in a research system that rewards you for analyzing everything you collect. Complete your encyclopedia and become a source of alchemical knowledge.
- Immersive production cycle – Grow and harvest crops that might be vital to your experiments or might take a bite out of you. Craft tools and build machines to optimize production. Manage your daily activities and limited energy around a day and night cycle full of opportunity.
- Roam the wild lands – Explore harsh but enchanting landscapes rich in fantastic resources, secrets and plants that threaten more than just your progress. Discover ways to overcome obstacles, unlock new routes, and use your surroundings to your advantage by allying with strange and mysterious wanderers along the way.
- Meet the agari: your little mushroom friends – You share your lab with the Agari, a local civilization of sentient mushroom creatures with a dark secret. These cute but enigmatic people run both the economy and the machines you need to optimize production. But you will have to work to earn their invaluable trust.
Watch the trailer below. See a set of screenshots in the gallery.